Use Google Analytics to Scale Your Business

September 17 / Andrew Kopp / filed under Miscellaneous

google analytics digital marketing

Changes to your website should be informed by facts and data. They should be changes that move your website more squarely toward your goals. All too often, however, we see businesses making seemingly random changes to their website that hamper their ability to track the impact that those changes have on the bottom line.

Integrate Google Analytics and Boost Productivity

Google Analytics provides a robust set of tools that you can use to boost the performance of your website. In fact, it’s likely that your business is already one of the nearly 40 million that have Google Analytics installed on its website. It’s equally likely that you aren’t utilizing this resource as much as you could. Here are a few ways that you can leverage Google Analytics to help improve your website:

1. Learn About Your Competition

Google Analytics lets you easily compare your website with your direct industry competition. Though this information isn’t 100-percent accurate because not every business is using Google Analytics, it still gives you a solid starting point. Look in the Benchmark tab to learn about how engaged your visitors are compared to your competition and how long they stay on your site. By doing so, you’ll be able to pinpoint weak areas of your website.

2. Find Out How Long Visitors are Staying

While getting traffic to your website is the first step in boosting sales, it’s only the beginning. Once visitors land there on your site, it’s important to know how quickly they’re leaving. Your bounce rate is comprised of visitors who leave without visiting a second page of the website. This statistic is essential for understanding the level of engagement your visitors have with the content on your website. In addition to learning your bounce rate, Google Analytics also provides you with statistics regarding a visitor’s overall time on the site as a whole and on a particular page. If you’re unhappy with your bounce rate or the amount of time that people spend on your site, consider modifying your website’s design.

3. Set Your Website Goals

Like any other aspect of your business, you need to have goals for your website. Google Analytics lets you set up custom goals based on actions that you’d like a user to take. Some common ones include getting a visitor to sign up for your newsletter or completing a purchase. Google Analytics automatically tabulates the percentage of your visitors that are meeting your goals. It’s an invaluable tool that easily demonstrates whether you are meeting the goals of your business.

4. Which Browsers are Your Visitors Using?

Google Chrome is the preferred browser for almost 60 percent of users across the globe. That still leaves 40 percent who aren’t using Chrome. This is why you need to learn which browsers your visitors are using and ensure that your website is fully functional for them. If your website isn’t compatible with a browser like Safari, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge, chances are your business is losing business and profits.

Are you using Google Analytics to its fullest capabilities? Do you need assistance honing your marketing strategy using Google Analytics? Chair 10 Marketing is a Premier Google Partner with the expertise to improve your digital marketing strategy. Contact us today to learn more.